L’Arche is a faith-based community where adults with and without developmental disabilities live and share their lives together as peers in family-style homes. L’Arche USA has 18 communities across the United States with a chapter in Cleveland.
Prosper for Purpose was initially approached by the chairman of the board at L’Arche Cleveland to conduct a special event. From the successful completion of that project came new opportunities. Prosper was next retained to benchmark development and marketing activity, and to develop strategies to move those initiatives forward. After the announcement of changes in the organization, L’Arche contracted with Prosper for a year-long engagement to address the larger opportunities in marketing and fundraising. The project included branding, marketing and fundraising.
To strengthen the local brand identity as well as implement a comprehensive marketing and development plan to raise awareness of L’Arche Cleveland and generate donations.
- Develop new visual design elements including refreshed logo, color palette and designated fonts for use in web and print content across all L’Arche platforms
- Write new messaging for L’Arche website
- Create informational brochure
- Develop first annual report
- Identify future grant and fundraising opportunities
- Research best practices and similar success stories
- Develop strategy for future marketing and development
- Create annual appeal, associated materials and events
- Update customer relationship database to reflect accurate donations
- Train staff and volunteers
The creation of a new, improved communications toolkit, refreshed messaging and images, and an award-winning brochure guided the successful implementation of Prosper’s recommended marketing and development plan. The 12th Annual Reverse Raffle in 2014 nearly doubled net proceeds.